I was once told that I have the weirdest combination of talents. Personally, I don’t think it’s so weird. Anyway – these are my talents and some of my flaws… what are yours?
- I am excellent at applying false lashes. I almost never wear make up, but I’m awesome at applying false lashes. I’m pretty good with make-up in general, but lashes are absolutely my forte in the make-up department
- I am awful at making scrambled eggs. I know, it’s so simple. But I can’t get it right. Mine are either runny, burnt, rubbery, or a combination of all three.
- I know how to mow and edge a lawn. When I was in college, my dad was traveling a lot and the yard was getting out of control… so I took over the mowing and edging. Turns out mowing the lawn is pretty therapeutic, and I’m pretty kick-ass at it too.
- I have a knack for remember random facts about people. I remember that I met Vince, a Korean War veteran back in 7th grade. I remember that the lady sitting next to me on my flight to DR three weeks ago was called Annie, and it was her wedding anniversary on April 2. I remember my middle school crush was born on October 11 and lived on William St.
- I am terrible with maps. I have a good sense of direction and place, but when it comes to maps and figuring out the route on the map – I haven’t the faintest clue. I get confused. I don’t know which way is up or down on maps.
- I know how to solder silver, and I have a wicked touch when it comes to a propane torch.
- One extremely hot summer, my parents and I painted the garage, so I’m pretty good at painting walls and ceilings.
- I’m clumsy when I walk. I’m much better running. But yes, when I walk I fall all over the place. I’ve skinned a knee on completely flat ground wearing sneakers because I tripped over my own feet.
- I am good at eye-balling height and weight on most people. I’m normally not off by more than an inch and 5 pounds.
- I am not good at leaving anything alone. Hand me tweezers, and I will tweeze off all my eyebrows. Nail clippers? I’ll cut until my nails bleed. I don’t know what it is, but I just have this urge to keep going. So, I stay far away from tweezers and any cutting instruments.
And on that note…. Back to work!