It’s midnight here, and I’m running some random shows on hulu.com and eating some bacon. I have homework and reading tomorrow… but I needed some time to blow of steam so I baked some pumpkin bran bites and packed them up into little containers and hung them with recipe cards on some of my neighbors’ doors. It might be a little creepy that I was tiptoeing around the halls hanging muffins on doors at midnight, but Santa does it too…. and at least I left little cards!
Pumpkin Bran Bites (adapted from Joy of Baking)
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 3/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of wheat bran flakes
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking power
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of allspice
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients
- In another large bowl, blend pumpkin, eggs, yogurt, and oil until well blended
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined
- In a mini muffin tin (either lined with paper liners or brushed with oil). Spoon batter into tin
- Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
These muffins are moist, squishy, little bites. I love them!