Today, I went for a run, and then I got back and ate two bars of caramel chocolate before deciding to join the adult world and eat real food.
I saw these mussels in the freezer, and decided that a quick bake in the oven with some garlicky sauce would be just the ticket for an adult (and not chocolate/sugar) filled meal. Bonus points for being paleo friendly.
Garlicky Parsley Buttered Mussels (an inspired Kaprise Kitchen original)
- 1 pounds of mussels (I used frozen ones that were already shelled)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of chopped garlic
- 1 small bunch of parsley chopped to bits (haha I felt like saying “chopped to bits”)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of macadamia nuts, smashed (with a wine bottle)
- Arrange mussels in a baking sheet, you may use a rack like I did, or simply let them rest on the sheet
- In a small heatproof bowl, melt the butter and stir in the parsley and garlic. Salt and pepper to taste
- Gently spoon the mixture over the mussels
- Top with a sprinkle of your “smashed” macadamia nuts
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
While my mussels baked, I made a quick mushroom pasta and threw the mussels and a little bit of the baking liquid over it before devouring. Delicious!!!
Note: I baked mine in a small convection toaster oven… the best place to make food for one or two.