I’ve been reading a lot of these “Thirty Day” challenges online… or thirty day diets or thirty day somethings. For those of you who know me, you know I don’t proscribe to any type of dieting regimen, and my philosophy about running is quite simliar.
That being said, I think it is important to challenge yourself mentally and physically when possible so that you maintain a healthy soul and body. So, I’ve come up with my own little thirty day challenge. I’m calling it the Kaprise Active 30 Day Challenge. I’ve never been one to run every day, so I’m challenging myself to a run or bike ride every single day for 30 days. My rules are these:
- Run or Bike every day from June 1-June 30
- No less than 2 miles a day
- No more than 10 miles in a singe day
- Varying length runs and bike rides
- Try ONE new route a week (for a total of at least 4 new routes during the 30 days)
- Run smart – in reflective gear, sunblock, etc.
- Don’t let anyone or anything distract from the Challenge!
I’m not going to impose any other restrictions on my running/biking, but only to remember to enjoy every single day and be happy! Endorphins!
I’ll document my runs and bike rides in pictures on Instagram, and I’ll keep you all posted on my blog. I haven’t decide how I’ll post, but maybe we’ll just let the blog posts happen organically.
What are your challenges for the summer?? Will you do the 30 day run/bike challenge with me?