This morning, I woke up, ran through my chores at the speed of light before bolting out the door. I have been getting a little stir crazy, so I went to the mall and tried on a number of fun little outfits. I love shopping, and today I had a blast trying on some really fun little summer outfits. I decided after trying on a candy-colored striped dress that it was time for guacamole and some summer barbecue. Nothing says “summer” like a pile of perfectly caramelized ribs and a whole bunch of zesty guacamole and chips.
So I went to the store… they were having a sale on avocados. 10 for $10!!! So I gathered 10… that is I think I gathered 10! Because when I got home I realized I miscounted and had 11… I think I “stole” and avocado!
Anyway… Today I tried a different method of cooking my ribs. I alternate between the dry rub I wrote about HERE and wet barbecue sauce where I cut up the racks into segments. Anyway… the point is today, the ribs came out absolutely tender and succulent with just the right amount of crisped fat and bubbly barbecue sauce so I thought I would share! The method is easy peasy, but remember to crack a window or run a fan because the heat from the oven definitely makes the kitchen quite warm!
Easy Peasy Oven Baked Pork Ribs
- Baby Back Pork Ribs
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- Barbecue sauce (any variety!)
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Rinse and pat the ribs dry
- Mix together the salt, pepper, paprika, and chili together.
- Sprinkle on both sides of the ribs
- Lay ribs on rimmed baking sheets, meat side down.
- Cover the entire sheet tightly with foil
- Bake ribs in foil wrapped baking sheets for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until ribs are tender
- Drain fat
- Return ribs, meat side up, to pans
- Brush with barbecue sauce and bake at 375F for 30 minutes, until bubbly and delicious
I didn’t take pictures, because I’m a bum these days… but there is a picture of the finished ribs on my instagram… so check that out HERE