There is a commercial on TV right now that says “there is nothing more therapeutic after a long day of work than chopping and cooking… NOT” but for me? That is exactly true. I sharpen my knives, set my cutting board on the counter and chop. I like the evenness. I like the systematic chops.
This potato salad is heavy on the chopping, but the end result is thoroughly satisfying and filling.
Kaprise Kitchen Summer Potato Salad
- 3 large Yukon Gold potatoes – steamed, cooled, and chopped in 1 inch cubes
- 2 large carrots – steamed, cooled, and chopped into 1/2 inch coins (feel free to leave these raw if you like more crunch)
- 1 bunch of crisp radishes – stemmed and chopped into coins and halved
- 1 bunch of basil leaves – stemmed and chiffonaded
- 2 celery stalks – cleaned and 1/4 inch diced
- 1/2 small onion (or a small shallot) – finely diced
- 1 tbl of grainy mustard
- a splash of red wine vinegar
- Prepare the ingredients
- Mix in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper accordingly.
* Makes about 6 servings. Store in an airtight container for no more than 2 days.