Hello hello my friends! Today was Day 1 of the 30 Day Fitness Challenge. I’ll post about that shortly in a separate post.
But, before we get into the running, I wanted to share this quick little recipe. It’s a riff off of the Nom Nom Paleo Scones which I made a while back with a couple tweaks. Those scones are sweet, but these are savory and stuffed with smokey gouda cheese.
Smoked Gouda Almond Flour Scones with Tarragon and Thyme (Paleo)
- 3 cups of blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup of smoked gouda, chopped into small cubes (add more cheese as you see fit)
- 1 teaspoon of black truffle oil, or truffled cheese
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 eggs, whisked
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, chopped herbs and cracked pepper
- Grate the butter into the almond flour mixture, until the butter is evenly distributed in the mixture
- Stir in the cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, honey and vinegar
- Stir the wet mixture into the almond flour until just combined
- Divide and shape into scones
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. You should have about 6 to 8 good sized scones
- Bake at 335F for 25 minutes, or until golden brown
- Store left overs in the refrigerator, and bake for a few minutes to reheat and re-crisp when desired.