There was a period in time where I made and consumed jello ALL the time. I used to put 7-Up in it to make it bubbly… like champagne! I’d always leave a little water out because I liked my jello firm and bouncy so I could play with it before gulping it down.
Anyway, I was thinking about jello yesterday, and after doing a little digging I decided I wanted to make my jello with tea like I saw here. I’ve been thinking of ways to get rid of the extra Camomile Citrus tea from Mighty Leaf that I bought when I was sick a couple months back, and this seemed like the perfect idea. You guys also know I’m “kinda” obsessed with ginger these days, so I added that and some good raw honey I had. Seriously… AMAZING. They are just lightly scented with tea and have an awesome kick of spicy ginger and just a bit of sweetness from the honey. I definitely recommend brewing the tea, ginger, and honey together so you can adjust depending on your person preferences, but here is the formula I used for my little blocks of jello.
Oh… Did I mention that you can look at a ton of super awesome jello ideas here?? And, Victoria is SUPER nice and helpful. She even gave me awesome tips of how to use that Nordic Ware pan I’ve had for months and only used once.
Oh… (2x) did you know that jello is paleo friendly??
- 0.75 ounces of powdered gelatin
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 1 cup of room temperature water
- 2 tea bags
- 2 tablespoons of grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- Bring a pot/kettle of water to boil. You need 2 cups, so make sure to boil enough
- In a large heatproof bowl, add one cup of room temperature and 0.75 ounces of powdered gelatin. Stir.
- In a teapot, combine two cups of boiling water with your tea bags of choice, raw honey, and grated ginger. Allow the tea and ginger to steep for 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally to break up the raw honey. Taste the mixture and adjust sweetness and ginger accordingly.
- Strain the hot tea to remove the grated ginger, and whisk the hot tea into the bowl with the gelatin.Make sure all of the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Pour into molds or into a glass Pyrex (like I did)
- Chill for a couple hours, until set, and enjoy!!!
What about you? Do you like jello?? What do you think about this kind of jello?